I started the day by assembling the canopy release mechanism.
Then I counter sank the holes in the upper forward longeron. The cage of the counter sink ran into the lower skin so I made a spacer with a hole in it to support the cage. The spacer is the same thickness as the lower skin so the cage nicely rests perpendicular to the longeron.
I spent the rest of the day riveting the central section of the upper skin. The back edge of the skin is sealed with ProSeal so it was a messy job. It was also rather difficult reaching with the bucking bar for the rivets on that back edge and the internal ribs. It was really slow going...
I was able to use the squeezer to set the rivets in the forward edge and these rivets went really quickly.
Post a Comment