Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Not much to report lately. I've been very busy working on updates to my iPhone apps. Apple keeps changing the operating system in ways that make previously working code stop working :-( GraphNCalc83 has been taking a lot of time to support and update and is keeping me out of the garage.

Took delivery of the wing kit today. I had to borrow my neighbor's pickup again, the trucker refused to drive up my street because of the low hanging branches of the trees next to the road. The 2 crates arrived in good shape. Looks like there was a little forklift damage to one end of the wing skins crate, but no parts were damaged. Van's does an amazing job of packing everything into these crates.

Sunday, August 10, 2014

Saturday, August 9, 2014

Section: 6
Hours: 9.5

I washed, acid etched and primed the vertical stabilizer parts

Friday, August 8, 2014

Hours: 8

I assembled the rudder skins and match drilled the holes. Then I deburred the rudder parts and dimpled the skins.

Deb helped out with some deburring.

Thursday, August 7, 2014

Section: 7
Hours: 8

I prepped parts for the rudder. Cut the rudder ribs, filed and polished edges of parts and deburred holes.

I assembled parts and tested the fit.

Monday, August 4, 2014

Section: 6
Hours: 8

Page 1, Section 6- the project begins!

Assembled vertical stab and match drilled and dimpled skins, ribs and spars.

I spent a couple weeks hiking from Red's Meadow in Mammoth to Lake Tahoe on the Pacific Crest and Yosemite to Tahoe trails in late June and July.

Pleasant Valley

Then Deb and I flew to Oshkosh and arrived and camped with the Mooney Caravan group in the North 40.

Deb got her first view of a finished RV-14 and we spend a little quality time together trying out the fit and finish in the cabin. We both came away with the RV grin on our faces.
Today I finally got back out in the garage and resumed work on the vertical stabilizer.

Saturday, May 31, 2014

Section: 6
Hours: 8

After reading numerous other builders blogs, thousands of Van's Air Force Forums  and last but not least the amazing construction manual that came with the kit, I dove into actual construction today. I deburred, dimpled, drilled, clecoed and spent lots of time admiring the fit and finish of the vertical stabilizer parts.

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

I ordered the RV Tool Kit from Isham and have been slowly cleaning out the garage. I also spend a month rewiring the electrical service for the garage. I dug a trench from the house main panel to the garage and my brother in law added a new subpanel in the garage. We installed additional 110 and 220 circuits and added numerous wall sockets.

Today I cut lumber and assembled a couple EAA 1000 workbenches. EAA Workbench