Friday, November 4, 2016

Section: 35
Hours: 4

I worked on the canopy release today, but ran into a couple problems. The parts fit together, but the inner tube ended up a short of the end of the outer tube. I was concerned if I drilled the mating hole where shown on the drawings the edge of the hole would be too close to the end of the inner tube. I documented the problem and sent of a note to Van's tech support asking what to do.

Then I spent a couple hours searching the garage for the .375" tubing needed to fabricate the arms for the release mechanism. I never did find it so I ordered 2 feet of 6061T6 Aluminum tube 3/8x.058 from Aircraft Spruce.

Another frustrating day...

No comments:

Post a Comment