The trailing edge of the flap felt firmly attached this morning, I guess the adhesive tape worked. I started out by riveting the bottom skin to the ribs using pull rivets for all but the end ribs. Then I set the trailing edge rivets. I first set about 24 evenly spaced rivets using the aluminum straight edge in combination with the squeezer so that the trailing edge was securely locked down and straight. I then finished up the remainder of the rivets using the back rivet plate. I initially set the rivets using the back rivet set in the rivet gun. I was able to form the shop heads so they were almost to the surface of the dimple. I then switched to the mushroom set and finished the shop heads flush with the skin.
I spent the rest of the day working on the right flap. As usual it was easier the second time around. I only had to drill out 1 rivet the rest of the day. I bet you could get pretty good at this by your 2nd or 3rd RV kit :-)