Sunday, February 11, 2018

Section: 12
Hours: 5

I made a template and laid up a fiberglass/balsa sandwich panel to close the end of the v-stab tip and set it aside to cure.

Next I sanded and cleaned up the h-stab tips. Yesterday I had glassed in a bulkhead in the noses of the tips to push them to a fuller shape. I also added a fillet of flox thickened epoxy to the round the outside face of the end bulkhead. This will create a shape that allows for good clearance of the elevator through the whole range of throw.

Both tips are now final fit and riveted to the horizontal stabilizer. There are still a few small gaps that will have to be faired with filler, but the final fit is pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment