Saturday, March 19, 2016

Section: 14
Hours: 4

I dimpled all the rivet holes in the bottom flange of all the ribs using the pneumatic squeezer (616 dimples).

Next I finished the edges and assembled the torque tube support subassemblies and final drilled and deburred all the holes.

I had to move the flute in the rib slightly off center between the rivet holes to provide clearance for the bracket. I flattened out the original flute, marked the new location and then squeezed another flute.

I finished up this afternoon assembling and drilling the 4 flap hinge assemblies (two shown here). I had already finished the edges and straightened the flap hinge brackets right after unpacking the wing kit back at the end of October, so this task went fairly quickly today.

No comments:

Post a Comment