Saturday, December 15, 2018

Section: avionics
Hours: 4

I fished the wires through the canopy rail for connecting to the canopy closure micro switch.

Initially I tried to use electrical tape to secure the wire to the piano wire lead. Unfortunately the electrical tape caught and jammed up the channel. Luckily I was able to push the tape out of the way. Then I figured out a better way- I secured the wire to the piano wire lead using shrink tubing. This makes a low profile connection and did not get snagged in the channel.

To fish the wire out of the channel at the microswitch end, I used a push pin with a hook bent into the end. Here I've just retrieved the 1st wire out of the channel. The second wire was a little harder...

After multiple tries I successfully pulled 2 wires through.

No comments:

Post a Comment