Saturday, November 30, 2019

Section: avionics
Hours: 4

Today I finished up some wiring projects. First up was adding the connector cable to the roll servo in the wing.

I discovered the hole in the servo bracket that the connector mounts in was too small. Luckily I was able to reach in with the Dremel and enlarge the hole.

The db connector attaches to the back of the servo and the other connector goes through the servo mounting bracket and then plugs into the wiring harness from the wing.

I also finished up mounting the GMU22 magnetometer in the wing. I used the mounting kit that came with my panel from SteinAir. This kit fits into the ADAHRS mounting plate which inserts into rails built into the wing.

Section: 41
Hours: 1

I had previously prepped and primed the wing/fuselage intersection panels. The panel that wraps around the leading edge must be bent to match the curvature of the wing. I found some PVC pipe of the proper diameter, chucked it up in my vise and easily applied the specified radius bend.

No comments:

Post a Comment