Sunday, June 10, 2018

Section: 47
Hours: 2

I fabricated several tension rods for the baffling. I tried to cut the threads on the end of the rods using a cheap Harbor Freight die set without any luck, so I went to the hardware store and bought a slightly less cheap tap and die set. The better die combined with proper application of thread cutting oil die a fine job.

Section: 24
Hours: 5

I worked on installing the navigation and strobe lights in the wing tips. First I cut out holes in the wing tips to allow the PCB to sit flush. Then I trimmed the PCBs to fit in the wing tip by sanding down and beveling the edges. Next I trimmed the clear plastic lens cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment