Tuesday, July 6, 2021

 Section: 38

Hours: 7

I restored my paint booth, got out the paint gun and applied primer to the new canopy frame parts. The roll over frame was undamaged and I was able to cleanly remove it from the canopy frame so I will reuse it in the rebuild. This will be good because all the screw holes will perfectly match those already in the plexiglass.

While programming elevator trim throws on my Garmin G3X I discovered I could not achieve the required control motion of the trim tab. After doing a little research on VAF I discovered that the early RV-14 kits came with a linkage assembly that was too short. I ordered a new set of parts from Vans and built a longer one. Here is a picture of the original (on the left) and the new one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment